1. Using the SocialGrapes Mobile Service
In order to use the mobile features of the SocialGrapes Service, you must consent to: (a) the use of your phone’s location to provide SocialGrapes to you, including the display and disclosure of that location information to your SocialGrapes friends and within your geo-tagged messages and content; (b) receive text messages; and (c) pay carrier data, messaging, and other fees resulting from SocialGrapes usage. Data and messaging (including SMS text messages) plans are required to use the mobile features of the SocialGrapes Service. Standard data and messaging charges, fees, and taxes from your carrier apply.
2. Information We Collect
- User-Provided Information: You provide us information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, mobile phone number and carrier, etc., if you register for a Member account with the Service. When using the Service, you may also provide certain other personal information and content, such as locations and activities, which will be publicly displayed to other Users and on third-party sites and services in accordance with your privacy and opt-in settings. To provide the mobile features of the Service, we derive location information from your wireless carrier, certain third-party service providers, or directly from the mobile device that you used to register with SocialGrapes. This location tracking of your mobile device occurs only when the SocialGrapes mobile application is actively open and running.
- Location Information: To provide SocialGrapes, we collect, maintain, use, and display your personal data and the geographic location of your mobile device (we call this location fix of your mobile device “location information”).
- Cookies Information: When you visit SocialGrapes.com, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets SocialGrapes help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey anonymous information about how you browse the Service to us. A cookie does not collect personal information about you. SocialGrapes uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you register with or view our site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- Clear Gifs Information: When you use the Service, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously. No personally identifiable information from your SocialGrapes account is collected using these clear gifs. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and make SocialGrapes better for our users.
3. How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information you submit to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service (including your location information and User Content) becomes available to the public. SocialGrapes is not responsible for the personally identifiable, profile, or location information that you choose to disclose publicly on the Service. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
When you have the SocialGrapes Software running on your mobile phone, SocialGrapes shows your phone’s current geo-location to your selected SocialGrapes friends, as controlled by your privacy settings.
By providing SocialGrapes your email address, you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your email address or mobile phone number to send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to features of the Service, or special offers. If you do not want to receive such messages, you may opt out or change your preferences in your settings page. Opting out may prevent you from receiving messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers. You may not opt out of Service-related e-mails. If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages and our responses.
If you choose to use our invitation service to invite a friend to the Service, we will ask you for that person’s email address and automatically send an email invitation. SocialGrapes stores this information to send this email, to register your friend if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation service. Your friend may contact us to request that we remove this information from our database.
SocialGrapes may use certain information about you and/or your User Content without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as analyzing how the Service is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing content.
4. How We Share Your Information
SocialGrapes does not share your personally identifiable information or personally-identifiable location information with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your express consent or unless you have opted-in to be part of a specific program or feature. We cannot control third parties’ use of your information. If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with such a third party, you can choose not to participate in such programs or features. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain SocialGrapes services.
5. How We Protect Your Information
SocialGrapes uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to SocialGrapes and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, SocialGrapes makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from SocialGrapes, at all times.